Frequently Asked Questions
1) Where do I get a claim number?
2) Will the parts be ordered before I drop off my vehicle for repair?
3) How long will the repairs take?
4) If my vehicle’s frame is damaged is the vehicle a total loss?
5) How well can you match my vehicle’s existing paint color?
6) Can I get other body related work done to my vehicle while it is in the shop?
7) Can I get a ride home when I drop off my vehicle?
8) Can I get a rental or courtesy car?
9) Will my vehicle be safe while it is being repaired?
10) Do I need to insure my vehicle while it is being repaired?
11) How will I know when my vehicle’s repairs are complete?
12) Is there a warranty on the repairs to my vehicle?
13) Do I have to pay a deductible?
14) Who do I pay a deductible too, and what types of payments do you accept?
15) What are betterment charges?
16) Will I have to clean my vehicle when you are done the repairs?
17) When can I wash my vehicle?
1) WHERE DO I GET A CLAIM NUMBER?
Your Insurance Company will issue you a claim number at the time you report your accident. Just write it down and bring it to Pro-Tech and we’ll take care of the rest!
2) WILL THE PARTS BE ORDERED BEFORE I DROP OFF MY VEHICLE FOR REPAIR?
Yes, if we have full authorization. If we receive your parts prior to your repair date. This will ensure your vehicle will be repaired as soon as possible.
3) HOW LONG WILL THE REPAIRS TO MY VEHICLE TAKE?
Due to a several stage repair process, a complete repair job can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on the extent of the damage. Your advisor will be sure to give you an estimated completion time and will contact you by phone with any updates.
4) IF MY VEHICLE’S FRAME IS DAMAGED IS IT A TOTAL LOSS?
No. A vehicle is only considered a total loss if the price of repairs exceeds the insurance companies determined value of your vehicle. In the case of extensive frame damage, our skilled technicians will return your vehicle to its original factory specifications making it as safe to drive as the day you bought it.
5) HOW WELL CAN YOU MATCH MY VEHICLE’S EXSISTING PAINT COLOR?
Color matching is made seamless through the use of superior Sikkens Autowave Waterbourne paint technology and continual upgrades in equipment and staff training. For sectional repairs, we will blend new paint to the adjacent panel to ensure a smooth transition between the original paint and the new repair. It is important to note that on most new vehicles the bumper color sometimes does not match the body paint of a vehicle because they are made of different materials than the rest of the car. As well at the factory level, bumpers are rarely painted at the same location as the rest of the car. Unfortunately Pro-Tech can't guareentee a 100% perfect colormatch on plastic parts.
6) CAN I GET OTHER BODY WORK DONE TO MY VEHICLE WHILE IT IS IN THE SHOP FOR AN INSURANCE CLAIM?
Absolutely. We would be pleased to give you an estimate on any additional work, including window replacements and any other damage that you may want to have repaired while your vehicle is in the shop.
7) CAN I GET A RIDE HOME WHEN I DROP OFF MY CAR?
Yes. If you do not qualify for alternative transportation, we would be more than happy to give you a ride to work or home ( within 30 km). When vehicle repairs are done we can also pick you up at your home or office ( within 30Km). Or if needed we can deliver your car to your house if you can't pick-up your vehicle ( prior arrangements must be made).
8) CAN I GET A RENTAL OR COURTESY CAR?
Pro-Tech Collision Centre does not have courtesy cars but while your vehicle is in for repairs (INSURANCE CLAIMS ONLY), we can offer a rental vehicle as alternative transportation for you… all you’ll need is a valid driver’s license and a major credit card for security on the rental car.
9) WILL MY VEHICLE BE SECURE WHILE IT IS BEING REPAIRED?
You can rest at ease knowing your vehicle is protected at night inside our secured shop. In the event that something does happen to your vehicle while in our care, your vehicle is covered under our garage insurance policy.
10) DO I NEED TO HAVE INSURANCE ON MY VEHICLE WHILE IT IS BEING REPAIRED?
You must have at least storage insurance policy or regular insurance on your vehicle to while its in our care.
11) HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN MY VEHICLE'S REPAIRS ARE COMPLETE?
Our advisors will keep you updated along the way, including all additional damage that cannot be identified until the dismantling of a vehicle. Feel free to phone us or drop by at any time and we will be glad to answer any questions you have. Also for an additional fee , you can request up to make a Photo CD of the repairs to your vehicle (ask for details)
12) IS THERE A WARRANTY ON THE REPAIRS TO MY VEHICLE?
Yes. Pro-Tech Collision Centre offers a limited lifetime warranty on all workmanship for as long as you own the vehicle. However it does not cover general wear-and-tear, rock chips, scratches, misuse, abuse etc. Also, some rust repair procedures may not qualify for the limited lifetime warranty.
13) DO I HAVE TO PAY A DEDUCTIBLE?
Your insurance company determines if you pay your deductible. If you are unsure about your deductible and whether or not it has been waived, give us a call ,we can contact your insurance company and let you know prior to the pick-up of your vehicle.
14) WHO DO I PAY A DEDUCTIBLE TOO AND WHAT TYPES OF PAYMENYS DO YOU ACCEPT?
If your deductible is not waived, you are responsible to pay the full amount of the deductible to Pro-Tech Collision Center upon pick-up of your vehicle. We accept Visa ,Mastercard , Debit , Cash, or Company Cheques. (Sorry no personal cheques unless arrangements are made before repairs start on vehicle.)
15) WHAT ARE BETTERMENT CHARGES?
Parts that wear out and need replacement with time and use (i.e., tires, batteries,radiators,condensors, mechanical and suspension parts) are commonly subject to betterment charges when they are replaced during the repair process( Insurance Claims Only). These betterment charges are determined by your insurance company and are pro-rated based on actual miles on your vehicle. This can include: previous rock chip damage, paint damage, rust etc…
16) WILL I HAVE TO CLEAN MY VEHICLE WHEN YOUR REPAIRS ARE COMPLETED?
No you will not have to clean your vehicle. At Pro-Tech Collision you will receive a complimentary detail inside & out. By the time you pick-up your vehicle it will look clean & presentable on the inside, and looking like pre-accident on the outside.
17) WHEN CAN I WASH MY CAR?
Be sure to follow these simple precautions with-in 30 days of vehicle repair:
· Wash the vehicle by hand with cool water and a very mild car wash solution using a soft cloth or sponge.
· Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
· Always use clean fresh water and wash your vehicle in the shade.
· Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle with paper towel. Chamois until dry for best results.
· Avoid driving on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
· Avoid parking under trees and utility lines. Tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface and bird droppings have a high acid content that will damage a freshly painted surface.
· Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
· Do not scrape ice or snow from the newly painted surface; scratching your paint in a guarantee.
· * Do not wax or polish the vehicle within the first 90 days. This will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.
If you have any further questions, please go to contacts page and send us an e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you.